Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"An Inconvenient Truth"...


This past weekend I had the opportunity to see Al Gore's documentary on global warming.

Anyone going to see "An Inconvenient Truth" as entertainment will be disappointed. This is a very serious presentation. And despite all that has been written about the "new" Gore, he does come across more as a college professor than as a modern day populist.

The documentary is worth seeing simply for the information it provides. It will do a lot to raise consciousness of a very important planetary issue.

This past weekend Gore's presentation was seen in over one hundred theatres. The theatre where I saw "An Inconvenient Truth" was full to capacity. However, despite the initial buzz I do not expect it to have broad popular appeal. How many people really want to sit through a Powerpoint presentation on a very serious subject? I could be surprised.

I recommend "An Inconvenient Truth" as an educational experience.