Sunday, March 12, 2006

Thinking about Tom Fox...

Spring seems to have arrived here in eastern Massachusetts. This morning I took advantage of the mild weather to go on a long solitary walk. I found myself thinking about the news stories that have dominated the news for the past few days.

The story that has most affected me was the murder of Tom Fox in Baghdad. The details of his death are gruesome. He was obviously tortured before he was murdered.

I found myself wanting to know more about this unusual man. Maybe because I also think of myself as a pacifist. Using Google News I was able to track down several articles.

There is a certain irony in the death of Fox. He was one of just a handful of Americans in Iraq with the mission of promoting peace. He was there as a Christian Peacemaker.