Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The New York Times In Full Damage Control Mode

The publishers of the New York Times are sticking to their position that Judy Miller went to jail for a noble cause. Check this story in today's edition of the newspaper.

Of course, what they don't address is Judy's relationship with the neo-cons. As Arianna Huffington has pointed out, there are many unanswered questions about her articles published during the months leading up to the Iraq war.

When I read Miller's pro-war articles, almost always based on "senior administraton sources," I assumed they were nothing more than neo-con propaganda. I haven't changed my view.

The New York Times has promised to do a detailed story on the Miller affair. I bet they won't cover what is argueably the most important part of the story.