Monday, October 17, 2005

It's All about TREASON, stupid!

Back when the Watergate story was breaking I used to think I was becoming a WATERGATE ADDICT! I anxiously looked forward to each new breaking detail.

Lately, I've been thinking that I'm becoming a JUDY MILLER/PLAMEGATE ADDICT. For the past 24 hours I've been scouring the blogosphere and other news sources for each new breaking detail. I've concluded that it all boils down to one word: TREASON.

This view was reinforced when I read this post by John Aravosis at AMERICAblog.

Don't get me wrong. The smearing of the Wilson's was bad business. And there are many questions about Judy Miller's role in the effort to slime Joe Wilson.

But the real issue here is the effort on the part of the Administration to sell a war to the American people based on lies. Plamegate was just part of the larger effort to mislead the citizens of this great country.This betrayal, in my view, was tantamount to treason. It's that simple.

Would the American people have supported a war to remove Saddam Hussein if they had been told the truth? I don't really know the answer to that question. The fact is we were all the victims of a campaign of disinformation.