Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Best of Times for Progressive Bloggers

What has come to be known as Left Blogostan is bubbling with excitement these days! Great stories breaking almost every hour. I'm honored to be a small part of this community.

I'll mention just a few of the blogs that have been pumping out information on Harriet, Judy and the RoveGate Investigation. One of my favorites is Atrios. He provides lots of opportunities for visitors to make comments. AMERICAblog is another place that has been cranking out great stuff lately. They also encourage visitors to leave comments.

Of course, one of the most visited of the progressive blogs is Daily Kos. The focus is primarily on politics. Once you register one time you can leave comments when you visit.

The Huffington Post has constantly improved since it was launched a few months ago. Arianna has found her voice. This blog has played a major role in keeping the Judith Miller story before the public. You can register to leave comments.

One of my favorite bloggers is Billmon. Very insightful commentary. The only blog I visit that doesn't accept comments.

One other blog that has been doing a great job these days is Crooks and Liars. This is a place to find video clips of some of the most interesting stories. Finally, I'll just mention Steve Gilliard's News Blog. Steve has a way of getting his hands on some the most provocative stories.

This list is not intended to be exhaustive. There are lots more blogs I visit on a regular basis. I'll list some of them in a later post.