Monday, February 02, 2009

Moving on...

I started publishing this blog in the fall of 2005 after Hurricane Katrina drowned the City of New Orleans. Believing that the tragedy of New Orleans would quickly be forgotten by the mainstream media I hoped in a small way to keep the focus on the consequences of Katrina and other social issues. I continued to publish until last summer. A number of personal factors, including an operation for an aortic aneurysm, absorbed my energies.
With the election of Barack Obama and my relocation to Dublin, Ireland, I've decided to discontinue publication. I thank all who visited and contributed comments.
My focus now is on a memoir of my American odyssey. I've also launched a new blog with a particularly Irish focus. The URL is as follows:
www.SurvivingIrishRecession.blogspot.com

FYI: The number of posts published at this site between 2005 and 2008: 681.