Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Bush/Blair news conference...

As I'm writing this new post I'm listening to George Bush on national television with Blair making his defense for the invasion of Iraq. The same old BULLSHIT!

This past weekend I recommended that readers take note of articles on Iraq in the Independent (UK) and the Guardian (UK). Both articles describe what's happening outside the Green Zone. Bush and Blair talk about a view from within the Green Zone. What they have to say has nothing to do with what is really happening in Iraq.

As I listen to the press conference in the background I realize that Blair is telling us we should move beyond the arguments about the pro's and con's of the Iraq invasion. Again, I say bullshit. Let's not forget...the people who got us into this war are responsible for the deaths of over 100,000 people. They should be held accountable.

Update:

I was not the only one unimpressed with the performance by Bush and Blair. Wolcott has this comment.