Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Three Cheers for the Times-Picayune!!!!!



Times-Picayune editor Jim Amoss acknowledges newsroom applause for winning two Pulitzers.

_______

I have been a big admirer of the Times-Picayune for their wonderful work in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. They have revived my faith in what civic-minded newspapers can achieve. I check the online edition of the newspaper every day and have come to realize what valuable information they provide on the reconstruction of the Crescent City. I suspect that the Katrina diaspora are finding the online version of the Times-Picayune to be an invaluable resource on that is happening in their native city.

I expected the Times-Picayune to get a Pulitizer and would have been terribly disappointed if they had not received this honor. They absolutely deserve this award.