Tuesday, November 15, 2005

"Worst Person of the Year" -- Vote Your Preference!

On Sunday morning I'm watching Russert interview Ken Mehlman on Meet the Press. Mehlman is delivering his "talking points" with the passion of a Pentecostal Preacher. Same old shit. Iraq was about our national security. The Dems voted for the war and they had the same intel as Bush. Those who question pre-war intel are "unpatriotic." And then he says the Katrina disaster was part of the legacy of 30 years of welfare dependency.

Listening to Mehlman is making me sick. I'm wondering what it is about this guy that I dislike so much. At some level he reminds me of Ann Coulter. Maybe it's the perceived meanness. There's clearly something about his smug arrogant personality that's a turn-off.

And then I came up with the idea of having a competition for the "Worst Person of the Year." Obviously, in my opinion, Ken Melhman would deserve to be a nominee for this award...but so would a lot of other people.

I'll have more information on the "Worst Person of the Year Competition" in blog postings over the next couple of days. What I'll be asking is for visitors to this blog to post the name of your nominee by clicking on "comments" below.