Thursday, November 16, 2006

O.J. is back!

This is pretty sickening. Fox TV, during the final week of November sweeps, will broadcast an O.J. Simpson interview called "If I Did It, Here's How It Happened." It will air just before his book, "If I Did It," goes on sale. On Fox's Web site you can hear an interviewer say to Simpson, "You wrote, "I have never seen so much blood in my life." Simpson replies, "I don"t think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood."

"I consider this his confession," Judith Regan, whose ReganBooks will publish the book, told the Associated Press. She said it was Simpson's idea. The National Enquirer, meanwhile, says Simpson will be paid $3.5 million. Regan has carved out a niche for herself as publisher of books about sleazy people. Regan Books and Fox TV are part of Rupert Murdocks media empire.

People are already predicting a bestseller for Regan and a ratings bonanza for Fox.

What can you say? It's a new low for our culture. And a billionionaire tycoon laughs all the way to the bank. Disgusting.