Friday, July 14, 2006

Looking for good news...

The news has been so depressing lately that this morning I went looking for something upbeat to post on this blog. My search of Google News and other sources led me to conclude that the most positive news story had to do with the fact that the U.S. House of Representatives voted yesterday to renew the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

Unfortunately, on this bright sunny Friday morning the news is dominated by the escalating violence in the Middle East. I'm just unable to comprehend how bombing the suburbs of Beirut is in the best interests of Israel or the United States. One friend assures me that we'll never see the end to this conflict.

In the meantime, Bush and his G8 pals will be having their annual photo-op in Russia this weekend.

Anyway, I started out with the intention of only posting good news!