Friday, September 09, 2005

I've Hit the Wall

North Andover, MA - One of my favorite bloggers yesterday wrote a post in which he described how he had "hit the wall" as a result of the stories coming out of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. His comments summarize how I have been feeling the last few days.

I'm trying to get myself psyched-up to get this blog up and running. Something has to be done about the politics of hate and greed that has dominated our political culture for the past 25 years. My hope is that I can make a contribution.

Each day I become more convinced that there is now an opportunity to advocate for fairness and justice in our society. However, at the back of my mind is the lurking fear that we'll soon be back to ignoring the havenots' in our society. I expect the advocates of trickle-down economics to come out of their bunkers in the very near future.

This weekend I'll start telling friends and colleagues about his blog site. I'm curious about the response. Will they think I'm crazy for embarking on this project?

Anyway, for now it's just therapeutic to be able to write these comments.