Tuesday, January 17, 2006

More Nonsense from CNN...

The self-righteous folks at CNN are bent out of shape today over remarks made by Mayor Nagin of New Orleans yesterday. They have even managed to find some African Americans willing to condemn Nagin as a racist.

I know a little about racism. I worked in the Deep South in the late Sixties and early Seventies. Racists are people who HATE. When I met David Duke in Baton Rouge back in 1971 or 1972 I know immediately that he was a racist. Michele Malkin is a racist. People who are racists radiate hatred.

This brings me to Mayor Nagin. He may joke about New Orleans as a "chocolate" city but there is no malice intended. I think the folks at CNN have a cultural problem --- they don't understand that black folks in the Deep South have their own way of communicating with each other.

Comparing Mayor Nagin with Pat Robertson ...that's nonsense!!